This chicken casserole takes only 30 mins to make, yet still packed with flavour and vegetable goodness. Not to mention, it is perfect for the chilly evenings.
You may ask, chicken casserole usually take an hour to make, how could this takes only half of the time? Here are some tips on how to reduce the cooking time for chicken:
- Lightly score the chicken before cooking. (It also helps the flavour to penetrate deeper!)
- Chicken skin faces down in the pan for at least 5 minutes. Flip them to complete the sear with the lid on. (At this point, your chicken should be 70-80% cooked, meaning the time in the oven can be greatly reduced!)
We all need a dish that is hearty, wholesome and satisfying, but quick & easy to make. So…what are you still waiting for? Make this recipe and tag me in your creations on Instagram❤️
I am going to finish mine now, BRB!
Love, Gloria x
- 400g Chicken Thigh
- 1/2 pack Tomato Passata
- 100g Carrots
- 1 Red Onion
- 100g Brussel Sprouts
- 50g Flour
- 400 ml vegetable stock
1.Pre-heat your oven to 200*c
2. Score the chicken thighs, add them to a pan, skin face down. Brown them for 5 minutes on high heat.
3. Chop carrots, onions & brussel sprouts into bitesize pieces
4. Flip the chicken, add all the vegetables into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes with lid on. Stir halfway through.
5. For the gravy- add passata & vegetable stock to a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir flour into the mix. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened and smooth. Reduce heat to simmer.
6. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to an oven-safe dish. Pour the tomato gravy all over. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
7.Ta-da! Ready to serve! 💁🏻