Who needs Indian takeaway curry when you can make your own in under 20 minutes?
The hearty and filling curry is full of flavour and easy to make and nutritious, make it an ideal weekday quick-fix dinner💃🏻❤️ I filled the pitta pockets with this curry, but you can definitely have it with naan bread or rice!
This recipe is also suitable for meal-prep as the flavours only get better! You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you like curry you have to try this recipe! Remember to tag me in your creation on Instagram !
- 2 x Wholemeal Pitta Bread
- 200g Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Tikka Masala Paste
- Soy Cream 50ml
- Water 100ml
- 100g Carrots
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/4 Lime
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200*c
2. Finely dice the onion. Add them to a pan with a 1/4 cup of water, cook for 1 minutes over medium heat. Add carrots chunks, cook a further 2 minutes.
3. Rinse chickpea thoroughly and add them to the pan, stir and cook for further 2 minutes.
4. Add tikka masala paste, along with the soy cream to the chickpea mix. Let it simmer for 5 mins.
5. Warm your pitta bread in the oven for 5 mins.
6. Stuff you pitta pocket with the delicious chickpea curry
7. Ta-da! Ready to serve! Top it with Sriracha and lime juice as you wish ❤️